We live in Colorado. It's beautiful here. We have gorgeous mountains, wildlife, amazing weather and an abundance of memories just waiting to be made.
I have always wanted to be that family. You know that family? The one that hikes the Rocky Mountains,eats quinoa and goes fishing? Alas, we hike maybe once a year, have been fishing only once and no matter how many recipes I try.....we just don't like quinoa. It does not taste like rice.
And I want to go camping! Expose my children to the rugged outdoors and pee in the bushes!
So, I finally did it! I packed up our family, bought chocolate bars to make s'mores and dug out our tent that was on our wedding registry 9 years ago. We even have a small camping picnic table, a camp stove and camping utensils. Yup. We had big dreams.
We loaded up our kids and their brand new dollar store lanterns and headed for the great outdoors.
Grandma's backyard.
It was really quite perfect. Our reserved campground was a coveted location.
We roasted s'mores over charcoal in terra cotta pots. (thanks, Pinterest)
We weren't afraid to get dirty!
Daddy brought his laptop to watch movies.
And guess what? Mommy and Aunt Kristen had their own sleepover inside while the little ones and Daddies slept outside.
It was an adventure! And for one night only....we were that family!
Sort of.




1 comment:
This is great!!! Sounds like a GREAT idea!!! :) Sue R.
Post a Comment